當前位置: Language Tips> 實用口語
顯然,老家的親戚不會用英語問你這個問題,你也不必用英文答(如果你有特別牛的親戚,請無視這句)。所以,本篇僅供娛樂——咱們就是想看看老外在面對這個問題時都是怎么答的。
親友同學最愛問的這句:
"Are you seeing anyone?"
“你有對象/男票/女票嗎?”
普通青年這么答:
1. "No."
“沒有?!?/p>
2. "I'm dating around."
“一直在相親?!?/p>
3. "I'm not tied down yet."
“還沒遇到合適的?!?/p>
4. "I've been dating someone for a bit, but I can't say for sure she is the one."
“見過幾個人,但都覺得不太合適?!?/p>
逗比青年這么答:
1. "Yes, and he's already got two kids of his own, so you'll get those grandchildren you've been waiting for!"
“有男友啊,他已經有兩個孩子了。你不是一直想要外孫嗎,這下你的愿望可以一步到位了!”
2. "Not exactly...I just joined a cult where we don't believe in any sort of lasting, committed relationships. We just use one another to keep the population populated."
“也不算有吧。。。我最近加入了一個教派,我們教的人都不相信人能有持久忠貞的感情。所以關于繁衍的問題,我們都跟自己人內部解決了,正好也可以擴大教眾?!?/p>
3. "I see people all the time. I'm seeing you right now!"
“我一直在跟各種‘對象’見面啊,你不也是我見面的對象之一嘛!”
4. "Actually, I've found paper folding and basket weaving to be a better use of my time. Those are two of my new favorite hobbies, you know, since I'm single."
“講真,我覺得折紙和編花籃是打發時間的好途徑。你知道嗎,自單身以來,我就喜歡上這兩個愛好了?!?/p>
5. "Well, I've started training my dog for the circus, so that takes up a considerable amount of time."
“怎么說呢,我最近一直在訓練我的狗,想讓它進馬戲團。訓狗把我的時間都占去了。”
6. "My dog fulfills my need for companionship. So do my cats...and my guinea pig."
“我已經有狗狗作伴了,還有喵喵,還有我的荷蘭豬?!?/p>
7. "Have you seen the majority of the male population lately?!"
“你最近沒聽說嗎,現在男性人口太多了,有一部分只能打光棍了?!”
8. Point to a random guy and say, "Him. We just don't like to interact in public settings."
隨便指著一個路人甲說:“他就是我男友。一有其他人在,我倆就不好意思說話了?!?/p>
9. "No...but someone proposed to me at a bar last week. Does that count?"
“沒有。不過上周在酒吧有人跟我求婚了。那個算嗎?”
10. "I'm joining a convent. I'm really looking forward to taking that vow of chastity."
“我剛加入了一所尼姑庵,已經等不及要宣誓永守貞操了?!?/p>
11. "I'm going to Rome for a year and I don't want to be tied down when I'm surrounded by all those Italian men who are just dying to bring me home to their mothers and feed me homemade pasta."
“我打算去羅馬待一年。一想到將要出現大把的意大利帥哥,急著帶我見他們父母、給我做意大利面吃,我就不著急相親了?!?/p>
12. "I'm in love with myself. Isn't that enough?"
“我愛上我自己了,不也挺好嘛?”
(中國日報網英語點津 杜娟)
上一篇 : “中了某劇的毒”英文咋說?
下一篇 : 口語俚語小測驗,看你知道幾個
關注和訂閱
電話:8610-84883645
傳真:8610-84883500
Email: languagetips@chinadaily.com.cn